Joe Jones – Freelance
I'm available on a freelance/contract basis to organisations committed to environmental and social impact.
// Roles I can fulfil:
• Hands-on Designer specialising in animation, explainers & infographics
• Creative Director on call
• Strategic Consultant
// Speciality #1 - Explainers & Infographics
I can help you identify key concepts that are essential for your audience to understand, come up with innovative ways to communicate them, and put those concepts into production hands-on. I can provide, or input to:
- Brief Development
- Creative Concept Generation
- Narrative & Script / Copy Writing
- Storyboard & Animatics
- Illustration & Artwork
Tools include - Drawing & Sketching, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Soundbooth, Edge, Premiere
// Speciality #2 - User Experience Design (UX/UXD)
With over 20 years' experience in design and development of websites and web apps, and digital branding, I know how to apply best-practice UX principles in a practical and effective way.
- UX Reviews - To identify & resolve issues
- Information Architecture (IA) Design
- UI Design - Streamlining and improve User Interfaces
Tools include - Whiteboard / Post-its / Card Sorting, Balsamiq, InVision, XD, Omni Suite
Project Management/Comms Tools include - Slack, Trello, Asana, Teamwork, Basecamp, Dropbox, G-suite, Office 365
// Contexts in which you might hire me:
• Your agency needs specialised skills on ad-hoc basis
• You want to produce world-class explainer/infographic content
• You need a broad range of creative work done, but don’t want a big team to manage
• You want big-picture creative & strategic thinking, without big-agency costs
• Design / Animation from £350 +VAT per day
• Strategic Consultancy from £450 +VAT per day
Rates are negotiable depending on type, duration and frequency of work.
Having worked extensively with PR and Communications agencies, I understand how to get things done fast and effectively.
My experience as an agency principal and start-up founder has given me a huge range of skills and experience that I can apply practically to any project.
Working client-side has taught me how to get stakeholders onside with a project, navigate organisational politics, and make sure everyone's truly on the same page.